A piano floor lamp is a perfect addition to your home if you’re a pianist or just someone who likes music. These lamps are built to the same exacting standards as delicate musical instruments and can bring an element of class into your home.
You’ll know that if you buy one of these lamps it’s likely to be around for years to come, and their designs mean they will fit in with any decorating scheme you have going on.
So let’s look at some of the very best options out there:
This floor lamp will prove to you that all pianos must be well lit. This adjustable piano lamp has an elegant, modern design that won’t take away from your piano’s beauty.
- -10 SUPER BRIGHT LED LIGHTS- with 2 Levels of Brightness Each Side of Light is Independently Controlled with Easy On/Off Switches. Wide Even Coverage with No Hot Spots, Illuminates Both Pages with No Flicker Lighting.
- -STURDY, SECURE PADDED CLIP- Clips on Almost Anything. Great for Music Stands, Pianos, Orchestra Pits, Reading and Much More. Can Be Used as A Freestanding Light Easily Adjustable for Many of Your Lighting Needs.
- -100,000+ HOURS OF USE- With the 10 Quality LED’s This Light Will Last for Years of Reliable Service. Batteries Will Last Up to 20 Hours in This Energy Efficient Light. Includes 3 AA Batteries and A/C Adapter with 10’ Cord.
- -NO BATTERIES REQUIRED- Light Will Work with A/C Adapter Even When Batteries are Not Installed.
- -FULLY GUARANTEED- Each and Every Light is Completely Backed by Our Maestro Gear’s 100% Happy Customer Pledge, You Will be Happy or We Will Make it Right. Guaranteed.
Instead, this white piano stand light will make your beautiful instrument stand out even more.
It provides directional lighting and brightness, which ensures you can see all of the black and white notes on your piano. It will be easily adjustable and help you achieve the best lighting for any room.
This modern floor lamp is also a great choice because of its flexibility. With an adjustable height of up to 61 inches, this lamp’s heavy-duty construction allows for easy height adjustment.
- Clamp on design fits directly onto music boards 1" thick or less
- Advanced LED lighting technology offers bright light for over 50,000 hours and generates no heat or harmful rays
- Elegant Lamp with Sleek Design is an Attractive and Functional Accessory for Any Piano Room
- Fully adjustable swivel neck and 19" rotating shade for optimal lighting direction
This is without fear of tipping over or snapping off hinges while giving you flexible light direction control.
It provides sufficient brightness and is available in multiple colors, allowing you to choose one that nicely matches your piano.
- Package Dimensions: 28.194 H x 18.288 L x 22.86 W (centimetres)
- Has a round base and metal shade with a satin nickel finish
- Package Weight: 1.656 kilograms
- Country of Origin : China
If you want something desk-style but still want the option of moving it around and adjusting the angle from where it’s being used, then the Boston Harbor Piano Desk Lamp is just perfect for you.
4. TaoTronics LED Piano LED Desk Lamp
This incredibly modern-looking floor lamp has an elegant piano finish and is great because of its sturdy yet adjustable design.
It will last you for years without question. The TaoTronics Floor Lamp also has two flexible light heads.
It can be adjusted (to change its angle) and moved up/down to control the direction the light shines in.
This one brightens your whole living space while giving you much better visibility on your music sheets during those long hours of playing.
Suppose you need a lap-style piano lamp but are unsure if you are willing to commit to having your instrument in the living room, no problem.
The Lumens L9 Clip-on Piano Lamp is an excellent alternative because of its omnidirectional light.
This gives it an advantage over most other lamps, which only provide light in one direction. If you need light while playing on the top part of your piano (which many people do), this clip-on feature will give you much better illumination, and it’s also very lightweight and portable.
6. House of Troy PFL-617 Piano Floor Lamp
This beautiful floor lamp with a stand can be adjusted from 30″ 45″, making it able to be used for just about any type of piano, regardless of where it’s located.
It also has an adjustable floor lamp head that can be turned up/down/left/right to get the perfect angle every time. Very sturdy and well-made, this would make a lovely addition to your living room or music studio.
This piano lamp is a high-quality, designer-made iron table lamp with a piano finish base and a cream pleated shade.
- 16" high overall. Shade is 10 1/2" overall wide x 8" overall deep. Base is 6" wide.
- Uses one maximum 60 watt standard-medium base bulb (not included). On-off pull chain.
- A traditional desk lamp from the Regency Hill brand of lighting. Ideal for traditional rooms.
- Antique bronze finish base and accents. Metal construction.
- Alabaster glass. Tilt-adjust top glass. 6-foot long cord.
Its design matches all traditional pianos best while producing sufficient light for viewing sheet music. This gorgeous antique-looking piece is an excellent choice if you need something more “formal” looking yet not too flashy either.
How To Choose the Best Piano Floor Lamps
1. Decide How You Will Use It
Deciding how you will use it can help narrow down your search when trying to find the right piano floor lamp. Let’s say you’re only planning on using it when playing and teaching your students.
For that, you might not need to get a light with as many lumens (how bright the light is). But if you plan on using it for hours at a time, making sure to have enough lumens becomes essential.
This is almost more important than how large it is because the higher the lumens, which calculates how bright your lamp will be, the less likely you will be straining your eyes when trying to see the keys.
Most piano lamps are anywhere from 500-1000 lumens, but some brands range up to 2000+. Make sure you keep this in mind before making a purchase.
3. How It Will Be Mounted
This is especially important for pianos with a lot of curves. Many lamps out there will have an arm towards the end, allowing it to be adjusted, but make sure you keep this in mind before purchasing.
Be willing to spend more money on something that allows movement because if it doesn’t, then you’re stuck placing it in one spot.
Not only that, if you plan on mounting them on either side of your piano (which is what you should do), then having multiple arms can be very helpful.
4. Fixture Type
When searching for the best piano floor lamp, you might not think about this, but different fixtures allow different kinds of light. Some are brighter than others, and some are better for certain types of lighting.
If you plan on using it at night, some lamps have a black mesh over the bulb, so the light is duller. Even some options give off less heat but more lumens than others.
5. Quality Of The Lamp
This might seem like an afterthought, but choosing high-quality products can save you time and money in the long run. Just because something is cheaper doesn’t mean it’s better.
A $50 lamp can cost $500 to replace if it breaks or malfunctions just months down the road. Spending a few dollars extra for something higher quality will last longer and provide better lighting overall.
You will need to keep in mind several factors and features when choosing a good piano floor lamp. You will need to consider the height of the shades, or how tall they are, their design, brightness level, portability, price range, and ease of use.
Some of these factors may contradict each other, which is why it is an important task to weigh up all pros and cons before deciding on a product.