There isn’t a standard quote for how much it cost to repair a digital piano. For instance, if you’re repairing a digital piano under 1000 dollars, the cost might be different compared to a piano that costs about $500. That’s because the total price for repairing a digital piano depends on several factors such as the extent of damage, repair materials, price of piano, and labor capital – if you chose to hire a professional.
In most cases, people usually opt for DIY solutions to repair their instruments. This isn’t bad at all if the problem is easy to handle and won’t cause further damages. But if the issue with your digital piano is beyond your knowledge, it would be best to seek professional assistance.
Hiring a professional will not only leave your piano in safe hands, but you’ll have guaranteed results to say the least. By estimation, it costs about $35 for a digital piano repair technician to evaluate your instrument’s problem (s). The price we’ve given is only applicable in-store, meaning that it would cost you a bit more if the technician comes to your house.
Both the evaluation of your piano’s problem and repair costs estimations are done at the same time. Therefore, that’s when you can really know how much it costs to repair a digital piano.
Repairing a Digital Piano
As you may know, repair issues in digital pianos vary from user to user. That’s why it’s essential to first ascertain the issue before assuming a repair approach.
Nevertheless, it’s safe to say that you can find a solution for your instrument when in need of repairs. This makes it easier and more convenient for you to keep playing on your favorite instrument.
Below are some of the most common problems found in digital pianos, and some quick fixes to help you repair your instrument.
This is one of the most common digital piano problems that pianists encounter. In most cases, repairing broken keys isn’t hard. But it requires you to apply some knowledge and strength when fixing the issue.
Here are some replacement keys that you can look at:
- Piano Keytops - Complete Set of 52 keytops
- Simulated Ivory Keytops
- Replace worn or missing keytops
- German piano keytops
- Full set of white piano keytops with fronts for replacement
With broken keys, it’s mostly the contact that has bent. And if it’s bent beyond repair, it would be best if you purchase new contacts.
Dealing with contact problems is also another thing that most digital piano owners go through. An issue with the contacts might cause the piano to sound uneven, too loud. It may also prevent some notes from being played.
Usually, it’s dust that causes contact problems and you only need to be cleaning your digital piano more frequently to avoid such encounters again.
Other related issues that most digital piano owners face include the following:
- Power problems
- Worn out parts
- Cabinet repair
- Sticky keys
- LCD screen problems
- Circuit board issues
- Input and Output jack issues, among many more
To find out the problem with your digital piano, most professional technicians spend some time opening up your instrument. This is so that they diagnose the issue, while estimating the repair quote.
Needless to say, trying to fix any issue on your digital piano by yourself will most likely make the problem worse. It’s understandable that you want to save some money but causing more unnecessary damage will end up costing you more than when using a technician.
ALSO READ: Should I Use a Digital Piano?
What Causes a Dead Piano Key?
The cost to repair a digital piano also applies in the context of dead piano keys. Maintenance of piano keys is crucial.
If you neglect your piano for long, you’ll end up with many issues, with the main one being dead keys. One thing that can negatively affect the keys on your piano is moisture.
When you leave your piano uncovered for long and there’s too much moisture in the air, it will get into the felt strips and pieces of the piano, thereby causing the keys to swell. This eventually results in the keys performing poorly and failing over time.
The best way to prevent this is ensuring you always use a piano dust cover on your piano when you’re not using it. Dust covers are pretty cheap and investing in one or a few of them will save you from damaging your keys.
Do Digital Pianos Need Servicing?
Fortunately, digital pianos don’t require as much service as an acoustic piano. In fact, digital pianos rarely go out of tune, which is quite beneficial to users.
Nevertheless, it’s always important to ensure you observe proper maintenance on your piano such as regular cleaning, covering with a dust cover, and calling professional help if you observe a slight issue.
How Do I Reset My Digital Piano?
When you become frustrated with the sound of your digital piano, it may be time to reset. Resetting your digital piano is an easy process that can help eliminate audio issues or errors in memory that are causing frustration.
If you have a Yamaha Digital Piano, press both the “Master” and “Function” buttons at once while powering on for five seconds before releasing them simultaneously after hearing two ascending tones. I hope this helps!
How Do I Fix My Suzuki Digital Piano?
Many factors can cause your digital piano to have poor audio quality. If you own a Suzuki Digital Piano, there are solutions for any problem it may be having.
The following will provide information on how to properly tune-up and care for your instrument so that you can get the best possible sound while playing!
Some of the things you need to do include:
- Make sure that your piano is at the right height and level. If it isn’t, this can cause sound problems to occur. Make sure you place the instrument on a flat surface and make adjustments accordingly!
- If there are any loose screws or rattling parts, tighten them as best as possible with an appropriate screwdriver set for pianos. Sometimes you might have to contact the manufacturer if replacement pieces are needed.
- Inspect all keys very carefully before playing because dust can accumulate over time causing certain notes not to play correctly when depressed by hands or fingers! This usually occurs during humid seasons so keep that in mind also if you live where rain/moisture levels fluctuate often the year! When cleaning digital piano keys, make sure to use a cloth with water only. You must never place any liquids directly onto the instrument or else it can cause damage!
- The piano bench should be kept in an upright position while not being played for long periods of time. This will help prevent excessive stress on certain parts of the digital keyboard that could result in malfunctioning sounds later down the road!
- There are plenty more tips and tricks you can do also but these are some basic ways you get started doing things to keep your Suzuki Digital Piano functioning properly at all times if possible/necessary. The goal is always going to be optimal care. This will prevent any problems from arising while playing live shows or practicing.
So, how much does it cost to repair a digital piano? As you’ve seen, it’s unreal to come up with a standard amount since the process entails quite a lot.
It’s a process that requires you to first understand what your instrument needs. Additionally, you have the option of hiring a technician or going the DIY way.
Either ways, it’s hard to actually paint a picture of how much it costs. That said, this is the end of our guide and we hope to have answered your question. You can always reach out to us through email if you have any questions. We’ll be happy to help.