The Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano is a great instrument for musicians of all levels. It has 76 keys, with three different touch settings to suit your playing style. The PSR-EW310 also comes equipped with Yamaha’s EZ Touch feature and an intuitive interface that makes it easy to play difficult pieces.
These and many other features make the Yamaha PSR-EW310 an excellent choice for any musician looking for a professional quality digital piano at an affordable price!
- The PSR-EW310 has everything you need in a starter keyboard, with 76 keys for the more serious piano beginner.
- The AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) Dynamic Stereo Sampling engine recreates the realism of an acoustic instrument, reproducing...
- Smart Chord lets you play great-sounding chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th chords with just a few fingers.
Aside from the functional features, the piano also has a captivating design that easily complements your décor and dimensions to occupy only a small space. That means it eliminates the worry of having to look for large storage space when you want to buy the piano. Our review will have an in-depth look at this piano – its features, pros, and cons. Read on.
Features of the Yamaha PSR-EW310 Digital Piano
Features play a significant role in the functionality of a digital piano. When a piano has unique and user-friendly features, it makes it easy for you to use it and eventually improves your playing skill.
Luckily, the Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano has some great features that make it worth buying. Check them out below.
- 76 keys
- Organ style
- Touch response: soft, medium, hard, fixed
- AWM Stereo Sampling
- 48 maximum notes on polyphony
- 622 voices
- Compatibility: GM, XG Lite
- DSP: 38 types
- Reverb: 12 types
- Chorus: 5 types
- Master EQ: 6 types
- Melody suppressor
- 205 preset styles
- Fingering: smart chord, multi-finger
- Style control
- Style File Format (SFF)
- Music database: 170
- One Touch Setting (OTS)
- Expansion style: 10
- Music rest
- Song book
- AC adaptor
Dimensions: 45-5/16” W x 4-5/8” H x 14-1/2” D
Total weight: 11 pounds (5.4 kg)
Yamaha PSR-EW310 Digital Piano Design
Design is also an essential aspect to consider whenever you’re buying a piano. You need to ensure you purchase a piano with the right dimensions, style, and weight depending on your needs.
The Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano comes in a black, appealing finish that easily goes with any décor. It’s also lightweight and comes with an LCD to offer an intuitive user experience.
The simplicity of the piano also makes it suitable for both beginners and professional pianists. The overall look of the piano is great and won’t disappoint wherever you decide to use it – whether at home or in the studio.
The Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano comes with a wide, 76-note, touch-sensitive keyboard that makes it easier to master complex pieces with maximum dynamic expression.
It also features an all-new tone generator that delivers a broad selection of high-quality voices, which makes it perfect for the beginner pianist.
Thanks to the touch-sensitive keyboard, the PSR-EW310 feels and sounds great. The keyboard also includes an LCD display that offers an intuitive and excellent user experience.
It’s also enjoyable to play the piano due to the auto accompaniment styles that allow you to control a backing band to play a wide range of music genres such as R&B, Latin, and Jazz, among others.
ALSO READ: Yamaha PSR-EW300 Digital Piano Review
The PSR-EW310 offers a high-quality, realistic sound that makes it more enjoyable to play. The piano features a newly developed tone generator that delivers the best sound quality improvements, as well as high-quality effects.
Additionally, the piano includes a library of 622 instrument Voices ideal for playing in any genre you want.
There’s also the unique Super Articulation Lite Voices, which reproduce subtle nuances of stringed instruments like mandolin and cello. These Voices are typically difficult to emulate on a keyboard instrument, and they help to deliver realistic and authentic performances.
Having a piano that you can easily connect with other devices whenever you want is a great thing. The good news is that the Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano features several connectivity options that make it easier and fun to use.
Connectivity options include DC IN and headphones. There’s a standard stereo phone jack that allows you to plug in your headphones and listen to yourself privately as you play. There is also the sustain pedal connectivity, stereo mini-jack for AUX IN, and the USB to HOST. That means you can connect the piano with your smartphone or tablet to play your stored music.
Extra Features of the Yamaha PSR-EW310 Digital Piano
Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano comes with an additional lesson function to help beginners progress their skills.
This function helps you learn how to easily play built-in songs included in the piano, in order to improve your skills. You have the chance to choose from your favorite lesson mode and take your playing skills to the next level.
Other additional features include the LCD display on the keyboard that offers an intuitive user experience and the option of downloading the song book. You can also play the piano with a partner by dividing the keyboard into two parts.
Who Is the Yamaha PSR-EW310 Digital Piano For?
The Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano is a perfect starter piano for a serious beginner. If you’re looking to improve your playing skills, then this digital piano can offer you room for that. It incorporates unique and efficient features that can help you grow your playing skills, while still having fun in the process.
- It offers a rich variety of high-quality voices on an entry-level keyboard. You’ll get to enjoy 622 stunning voices which include strings, bass, guitar, percussion, sax, drums, and trumpet, as well as organ, piano, and other classic keyboard instruments.
- 76-key touch-sensitive keyboard for expressive dynamic control. This allows you to enjoy every nuance of your playing, thereby making your performance musically expressive.
- The PSR-EW310 features a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that enables you to apply several effects to your playing.
- Auto accompaniment styles that automatically play excellent backing ensembles, which you can control by playing chords or root notes with your left hand.
- LCD display, duo mode, and great connectivity options make it easy to use the piano, especially for beginners.
- The piano is not suitable for the more professional and demanding pianist.
- It doesn’t come with a power supply, although you can also power it with batteries.
- Lack of pitch bend or modulation wheels.
- The recorded/sequencer note seems a bit inadequate for a pianist moving up beyond the beginner skill level.
The Yamaha PSR-EW310 digital piano is ideal if you’re looking for a 76-key keyboard with touch-sensitive and sound effects. If you’re a serious beginner, this is the right piano for you. It offers high-quality sound production, numerous effects, excellent design, and convenient connectivity options.